Job ID: 3124
Type: Part Time
Department: Food and Beverage
Mary Brown’s Centre is currently seeking individuals who are energetic, dependable and would enjoy working in a fast paced and exciting environment.
There are currently temporary openings within the Food & Beverage Department for Mary Brown’s Express (MBE) Prep Cooks.
Responsible for the preparation of Mary Brown’s Express (MBE) Menu items.
Set up and maintain cleanliness of MBE concession prior to opening for event.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and organization of the MBE prep area, including cleaning and sanitizing work surfaces, dishes, storage areas, appliances, and equipment.
• Assist in food preparation and any other duties set forth or requested by the Coordinator – Food & Beverage, as needed.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Safe Food Handler Certification.
• Experience in a fast-paced Food Service environment.
• Certificate of Conduct is required
• Participate in other training as required.
• Candidates possessing an equivalent combination of education and experience that is deemed acceptable by St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. may be considered.
• Fast-paced environment
• Work under pressure
• Team player with a cooperative work attitude.
• Shift work - evenings, weekends, or holidays, as required
• Repetitive tasks
• Handling heavy loads
• Physically demanding
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for extended periods
The salary is $19.30 per hour. The hours related to this position are sporadic and dependent on events.
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the employment of a qualified workforce which reflects the diversity of our community.
Interested applicants should send a complete resume and references by November 17, 2023 to:
Mary Brown’s Centre
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3
Attn: Human Resources
or use the form below.