Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Job ID: 3118
Closing Date: Nov 20, 2023
Type: Full Time
Department: All Departments
If you're a marketing and communications enthusiast looking for a stage to showcase your talents, your moment has arrived! St. John's Sports & Entertainment Ltd. (SJSEL) is searching for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator to share our story, amplify the excitement, and connect with our diverse audiences, all while being a key player in making our organization shine bright.
At SJSEL, we're not just a sports and entertainment organization. We're a dedicated team that channels our passion into every facet of our work as we host exceptional experiences for a global audience.
We're looking for our marketing and communications rockstar to create captivating communications, design eye-catching marketing materials, manage our online presence, and orchestrate social media strategies that keep our audience engaged and excited. You will have an important voice at the leadership table to ensure that our communications are aligned with our corporate values and strategy.
As a Marketing and Communications Coordinator, you'll be at the heart of SJSEL's promotional efforts. Your responsibilities will include:
• Coordinate all aspects of marketing and communications across various events at Mary Brown's Centre and the St. John's Convention Centre while meeting brand, stakeholder, and budget objectives.
• Craft and coordinate corporate communications that resonate with our diverse audiences.
• Design, develop, and distribute engaging marketing creative, from digital media to press releases and advertisements.
• As part of the leadership team, provide strategic input into our corporate communications strategy and ensure our communications and marketing activity is aligned with our strategic objectives.
• Liaise with staff, partners, and stakeholders, including tenants, corporate partners, public relations and media contacts, and the public.
• Be the primary gatekeeper of our websites, ensuring they align with our brand and web standards.
• Collaborate with agencies and developers to troubleshoot issues and review the design and content of our website.
• Responsively address user requests and comments.
• Regularly monitor and report website analytics, taking corrective action as needed.
• Create social media plans and coordinate and execute social media campaigns.
• Oversee multiple social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook, X, Instagram, and LinkedIn) and share valuable content regularly.
• Analyze and report on social media metrics and insights and take corrective action as needed.
• Monitor and respond to social media messages and comments.
• Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, and/or public relations.
• A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in marketing and communications.
• Proficiency in various marketing management platforms, social media tools, and graphic design software such as Hootsuite and Canva.
• Strong oral, writing, editing, proofreading, and presentation skills, with an emphasis on writing for the web and social media.
• Exceptional collaborative skills, allowing you to work effectively with diverse team members, vendors, customers, and the public.
If you don't tick every box on the list, we encourage you to apply anyway. We're open to candidates with a mix of education and experience that fits our objectives.
SJSEL is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a qualified workforce, reflecting our community's diversity.
SJSEL recognizes the importance of work-life balance and offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including but not limited to the following:
• Competitive salary
• Healthy work-life balance
• Dynamic team environment
• Cost-shared group insurance plan
• Group RRSP
• Generous paid leave program
How to Apply:
As part of the recruitment process, SJSEL will provide accommodation(s) to candidates with disabilities. If you require an accommodation(s) to participate in the recruitment process with us, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org or call (709) 758-1111.
If you're ready to shine in the thrilling world of sports and entertainment and be a part of a passionate and dedicated team committed to delivering top-notch experiences, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your cover letter and resume to:
St. John's Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John's, NL A1C 1J3
Attn: Human Resources
or use the form below.
All applications must be received by November 20, 2023.