Job ID: 2294
Closing Date: Jun 02, 2023
Type: Full Time
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is currently seeking a Financial Accountant who is energetic, dependable and would enjoy working in a fast paced and exciting environment. Reporting directly to the Manager – Finance, the Financial Accountant will work closely with the Events Services Coordinators, Sales Managers, catering team, and building operations to ensure all financial and statistical aspects of St. John’s Convention Centre (SJCC) are accurate and timely. We’re looking for a candidate who is detail oriented; has exceptional analytical skills and great interpersonal skills.
• Manage all aspects of the financial functions for the St. John’s Convention Centre (SJCC) including financial reporting, cost accounting and budgeting
• Work with the St. John’s Sport & Entertainment Ltd. management team to develop, report and analyze key performance indicators (KPI’s)
• Prepare reports on the performance of the St. John’s Convention Centre
• Responsible for invoicing and collections of event-based receivables for St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. clients including event deposits and settlement of final invoices
• Lead the settlement process with event promoters and organizers for the convention centre
• Completion of general ledger account reconciliations for St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
• Assist in the development and implementation of St. John’s Sport & Entertainment Ltd. internal controls, policies, and procedures
• Work with external auditors during the St. John’s Sport & Entertainment Ltd. year end financial audit
• Assist with preparation of operating and capital budgets for St. John’s Convention Centre and monitors actual performance
• Prepare financial analysis and variance reports as required for St. John’s Sport & Entertainment Ltd.
• Assist in the preparation of the annual and monthly St. John’s Sport & Entertainment Ltd. financial statements
• Prepare payroll for St. John’s Sport & Entertainment Ltd. management when required
• Prepare HST Remittances
• Perform duties of Manager-Finance as required in Manager’s absence
• Other duties as required.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• Chartered Professional Accountant designation (CPA) or actively working towards
• Proven ability to analyze and present financial and statistical information in an easy-to-understand format.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Public Sector Account Standards (PSAS).
• Minimum of five (5) years experience with knowledge of hospitality industry practices and/or convention centre operations is preferred.
• Experience working with Great Plains accounting software
• Experience working with ADP payroll software
• Experience using Microsoft Office product suite.
• Candidates possessing an equivalent combination of education and experience that is deemed acceptable by St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. may be considered.
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the employment of a qualified workforce which reflects the diversity of our community.
Interested applicants please send a complete resume including cover letter and references to:
St. John’s Sports & Entertainment Ltd.
50 New Gower Street
St. John’s, NL A1C 1J3
Attn: Human Resources