Ice Rental Fees
- $245 (HST included) for ice rentals – includes 50 minutes of ice time, use of the dressing room area, and one skate patrol.
- $345 (HST included) for birthday parties – includes 50 minutes of ice time, use of the dressing room area, one skate patrol, and 1 hour in the skaters lobby.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50.00 is required at the time of booking. This deposit will be applied to the final cost of the rental.
- For groups of 51 to 100 people, one additional skate patrol staff is required at a rate of $75.00 plus HST per ice rental.
- The use of bowl seating for spectators will require extra building security and cleaning staff. A rate of $75.00 plus HST will be charged for each additional staff required (based on number of spectators).
- Rental groups are not permitted to sublet to any other parties without prior written approval from Mary Brown’s Centre.
- Each skater and/or participant must:
- Take full responsibility for their own safety upon entry and act in a safe manner.
- Abide by the Conditions of Admittance posted at all facility entrances.
- Abide by the Mary Brown’s Centre Dressing Rom Policies and Ice Skating Rules as posted in the dressing rooms.
- Alcohol and its consumption are prohibited in dressing rooms. The No Alcohol policy will be strictly enforced.
- Mary Brown’s Centre is a Smoke Free facility. Smoking and vaping are prohibited in all areas of the building
- Mary Brown’s Centre is not legally responsible for any lost or stolen items. Each rental group is responsible for securing their own dressing rooms. Our Lost and Found is located in the Box Office.
- Patrons are to arrive no earlier than 20 minutes before, and depart no later than 20 minutes after their scheduled ice time, unless prior written arrangements have been made.
- In order to allow ice preparation for the next group, patrons must promptly vacate the ice once the horn has sounded at the end of their rental period.
General Safety Policies
- All patrons must wear a CSA approved hockey or ski helmet with chin strap. The chin strap must be worn properly. No other type of head protection will be accepted.
- Skaters are not permitted to use cell phones or portable music devices while on the ice.
- Skating aides are permitted during private rental.
- Any adults accompanying children on the ice without skates, do so at their own risk.
- Children are not permitted to be carried while on the ice.
- Food and beverage are not permitted on the ice.
- Patrons are not permitted on the ice while the zamboni is in use.
- To ensure the safety of all, Mary Brown’s Centre does not divide the ice surface during rentals. Groups can rent the ice to play hokey or to have a recreational skate but cannot do both at the same time. In the case of ice rentals for two or three scrimmages and assuming all skaters are wearing the require protective gear, Mary Brown’s Centre can divide the ice. Rental groups are required to advise at the time of booking.
Mary Brown’s Centre strictly adheres to the Department of Health and Community Services guidelines.
- Patrons must enter and exit Mary Brown’s Centre via Gate 5.
- The entrance will be opened no more than 20 minutes prior to the start of the user groups ice time.
- The doors will be locked again once the ice time has started. Any late participants will not have access to the facility.
- Participants should be wearing as much equipment as possible, upon arrival, to reduce time required in dressing rooms.
- Participants are to come with filled / labelled personal water bottles.
- User groups are to leave the facility within 20 minutes after their ice time.
Parent / Guardian Access
- Only one parent/guardian per skater is permitted in the facility.
- Doors to Mary Brown’s Centre will be locked after the skating begins. If a parent/guardian leaves, re-entry will not be permitted.
- There will be one designated washroom available to parents/guardians (located on the main concourse).
- Parents/guardians will be directed to the allocated seating area.
- Once the session is completed, parents/guardians must leave the facility immediately and wait outside for their child. In order to maintain adequate physical distancing and avoid congestion, parents/guardians will not be permitted within the participant’s change/dressing area while in use.
- Upon entering the facility, participants will go to the dressing room / seating area assigned to the group for use during their ice time.
- Seats are to be used to tie skates and fasten helmets. Small kit bags are to be kept neatly stored.
- Skate guards or street shoes should be left under the seat once participants are permitted onto the ice surface. For those users that require skate guards removed at the ice surface, should be placed on the boards at the bench area.
- Dressing rooms are available for use. Dressing room capacity will be listed on the doors and capacity numbers must be followed with physical distancing being maintained. Designated dressing rooms will be provided for each session. Once dressing rooms are full, overflow seating in the skaters lobby and hallway can be used.
- The washrooms in the dressing room areas are not available for use. Washrooms in the skaters lobby will be available for use.
Hygiene & Cleaning
- Mary Brown’s Centre employees will be scheduled to clean and sanitize the facility after each group completes their ice time. This will include frequently touched surfaces and washrooms.
- User groups are required to clean and sanitize their equipment and gear after their session, or each session if multiple ice times were booked. This includes, but is not limited to pucks, pylons, markers, etc.