Terms and Conditions:
Additional Staffing – Extra staffing is required in cases where our insurance policy stipulates that we must increase the number of skate patrol staff during facility rentals.
Skate Patrol – The number of skate patrol staff required is determined by the number of people on the ice.
- For groups up to and including 50 people, there is no additional charge.
- For groups of 51 – 150 people, one additional skate patrol staff is required.
- For groups of 150 – 250 people, two additional skate patrol staff are required.
The charge for each additional skate patrol guard is a flat rate of $45.00 +HST per ice rental. Building Security
Ice rentals include the use of the ice as well as the dressing room area. If you would like to have use of the bowl seating for spectators, additional fees will apply to cover the extra building security staff required, as well as cleaning after your event. The number of security staff required is determined by the number of spectators on in the bowl. Requests for use of bowl seating must be made at the time of booking.
The charge for each additional skate patrol or building security guard is a flat rate of $45.00 +HST per ice rental.
- Rental groups are not permitted to sublet to any other parties without prior approval from Mary Brown’s Centre.
- Each skater and/or participant must take full responsibility for their own safety upon entry into Mary Brown’s Centre and act in a safe manner.
- All patrons must abide by Mary Brown’s Centre Conditions of Admittance posted at all facility entrances.
- All group members are to abide by Mary Brown’s Centre Dressing Room Policies and Ice Skating Rules as posted in the dressing rooms.
- Mary Brown’s Centre is a Smoke-Free facility. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the building.
- Alcohol and its consumption are prohibited in dressing rooms. The no alcohol policy will be strictly enforced.
- Prior to entry into the facility, Mary Brown’s Centre reserves the right to search bags for alcohol. Failure to allow a bag to be searched will result in denial of entry. Bag searches are voluntary and can be refused, but such refusal will result in a denial of entry. Evidence of alcohol consumption inside Mary Brown’s Centre or on the premises is a violation of this ice rental agreement and will result in termination of this agreement.
- Children 12 years of age and under must be accompanied by adults at all times.
- Dressing rooms and attached washrooms are considered unisex facilities.
- Gender-specific washrooms are located in the Skater’s Lobby only.
- Mary Brown’s Centre is not legally responsible for any lost or stolen items. Each licensee group is responsible for securing their own dressing rooms. Our Lost & Found is located in the Box Office.
- Patrons are to arrive no earlier than 30 minutes before and depart no later than 30 minutes after their scheduled ice time unless prior arrangements have been made with the General Office.
- Mary Brown’s Centre requires 10 minutes to flood the ice between rentals. In order to be fair to all groups and keep on time with our rental schedule, patrons must adhere to this policy and promptly vacate the ice once the horn has sounded at the end of their rental period.
- ALL patrons MUST wear a CSA approved hockey or ski helmet with chin strap. The chin strap must be worn properly. No other type of head protection will be accepted.
- No portable music devices (i.e. I-Pods, MP3 Players etc) are to be worn while on the ice.
- Skating aides are allowed during a private rental. A restriction on the number of skating aides to be on the ice at any time will be at the discretion of the skate patrol. Chairs and pylons are not considered skating aides.
- Wearing outdoor footwear on the ice is extremely dangerous. Adults who accompany children onto the ice without skates, do so at their own risk.
- Children are not permitted to be carried while on the ice.
- Food and beverage are not permitted on the ice.
- Patrons are not permitted on the ice while the zamboni is in use.
- The maximum number of persons permitted on the ice at one time cannot exceed 250. To ensure the safety of all patrons on the ice, Mary Brown’s Centre does not divide the ice surface during rentals. As such, patrons may rent the ice to either play hockey or have a recreational skate, but they cannot do both at the same time. In the case of ice rentals for the purpose of two or three scrimmages, and providing all skaters are wearing the required protective gear, Mary Brown’s Centre can divide the ice. If you require the ice to be divided, please advise us when booking your rental.
- Patrons must enter and exit Mary Brown’s Centre via Gate 5.